METMOTEC supplies world-class data communications equipment and supporting products for utility meters and M2M terminals. The company’s product range includes GSM/GPRS, PSTN, Ethernet and LAN communications controllers (‘modems’) suitable for use with certain electricity meters of leading manufacturers such as Elster, ABB, Itron, Schlumberger, EDMI, Toshiba, L+G, Ampy, Email, Siemens, and others. The company’s modems are also suitable for use in many other types of remote terminal.
METMOTEC supplies possibly the world’s most comprehensive and competitively priced range of high quality optical probes for meters. The probes are available in IEC 62056-21, ANSI C12.18 and PACT standards. They can be used on hand-held computers for local meter reading, or to easily connect meters to modems and LANs.
The company offers products of its own design and special products in co-operation with partners that are leaders in AMR (Automatic Meter Reading) and M2M technologies.
METMOTEC also offers consultancy services in product search and specification of communications equipment and software for metering and other M2M projects.
Areas of Specialisation
- Electronic I&C (Industrial & Commercial) metering
- Residential AMR and ‘smart’ metering
- General M2M (Machine to Machine) communications
- Data communications equipment (‘modems’) for I&C electricity meters
- Optical probes for electricity and gas meter reading for I&C and residential meters
- Data communications equipment for other M2M applications
Product Range Summary
- Environmentally Tolerant-Modem ‘Systems’ – GSM/GPRS and PSTN modems in weather-proof enclosures with power supply, antenna and host/local network connection for use typically with grid-meters and in electricity substation control and other remotely managed industrial systems
- Modem Systems for ‘Hard-to-Read’ Meters – special local connection sub-systems to modems on meters located in ‘inaccessible’ locations, for example, meters located below ground or in secure sites such as banks and military sites
- Discrete GSM/GPRS and PSTN Modems – ‘stand-alone’, encased, low power consumption modems for fitting internally to I&C electricity meters and other terminals
- GSM Signal Strength Testers – for 2G and 3G networks for efficient installation of GSM modems
- High Performance GSM/GPRS Antenna – high elevation, bracket mounted for use in areas of low signal strength for indoor use or outdoor use in virtually all weather conditions
- Optical Meter Probes for Hand-Held Computers – infra-red and visible spectrum probes of standards according to IEC 62056-21 (as adopted in European metering), USA ANSI C12.18, and PACT (for PRI/Secure Meters)
- Optical Meter Probes for Permanent Meter Attachment – for reading meters connected via modems and LANs
- Optical Probes for Gas Metering – for gas volume correctors and some I&C gas meters – ATEX gas safety certification for Zones 1 and 2 (with USB and RS232 host interfaces, of probe standard IEC 62056-21 only)
- RS232 Meter Adapters for Local RS485 Networking – meter daisy-chain system (‘one modem-many meters’)
- Ethernet Adapters & Ethernet Cables – for local and Internet connection to central meter reading systems
Consultancy Services Summary
- Specifying of industrial AMR solutions
- Search for suppliers of special equipment and remote meter reading software
- Design and supply of custom data communications devices & systems
METMOTEC sells internationally and has supplied products to and advised leading companies in the metering sector. The company has extensive knowledge of metering communications technologies of European and USA suppliers and has high level contacts in key meter manufacturers, leading AMR technology suppliers, and major meter operators and utilities worldwide.
METMOTEC™ is a trading name and a trade mark of a limited liability company registered in England (UK) based in the high-tech city of Cambridge. Prior to launching its AMR product range in 2012 when it adopted the name ‘METMOTEC’, the company operated as a strategic marketing and product development consultancy and provided services to over 35 companies since 1993 in computing, machine automation, electronics and data communications. The company has for the last 19 years specialised in AMR and data communications technology for metering and other M2M applications The company is a leading expert on modems for meters and has created a number of unique meter-modem devices. It has won four technology grant funded innovation awards from the British government and from Toshiba (Toshiba Year of Innovation).
Further background information on METMOTEC is available on request. Contact Us.